Commited to Quality
Since the dawn of the last century the Savoy has been welcoming Europe's gentry to Madeira's fair shores. The excellence of our service standards exceeded the boundaries of the island itself. Today, even in the technological era, the tradition continues. A result of our ongoing commitment and dedication based on attention to detail and highly personalised service, which distinguishes us from others. Our mission is put into practice the know-how and experience that we have nurtured over the years, thus contributing to guests full satisfaction. Our motto is to always comply with legal requirements, continuous quality improvement, enhance the highest health and safety standards and thus exceeding the expectations of our discerning guest-clientele. Protecting the environment is also a constant concern for us. The best recognition we can hope for is to have each and every one of our guests consider the Savoy as Your Home Away From Home and depart with the aspiration of returning in the near future.
Our 10 Golden Rules
- Always extend a warm and friendly welcome. Make eye contact, smile and address guests by name.
- Take special care in your personal appearance, maintaining always clean and well-groomed.
- Always anticipate guests needs and expectations.
- Never say no to a guest, but always present alternatives to their satisfaction.
- Always be well-informed about the hotel and its services.
- Whenever possible, meet guests needs and requests without delay and do not delegate same on to others.
- Comply with safety and hygiene standards, ensuring a clean and safe workplace.
- Always greet a guest in a polite manner, including a smile and eye contact, even in passing.
- Know your role in an emergency to protect guests, helping to evacuate the building and securing property assets.
- Give a warm goodbye to guests, wishing a safe journey back home and inviting them to return.